Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Morning Weight-In



I have decided that Mondays are going to be the days that I will weight myself.  I will only do this once a week for motivation, and although I have a pound goal, I am not chained to the scale!  During the month, women fluctuate up to 5 pounds!  Therefore, I use the scale as a loose reference point. 

My starting weight:171
My goal (for healthy BMI): 145

Thought of the day:  You are an original, like we talked about yesterday, so why do we constantly compare our bodies to other people.  Here’s an idea, let’s stop posting pictures of other peoples bodies as “thinspiration” and instead start visualizing our own bodies at our final goal.  Visualization techniques are used by the best athletes, so let’s try it for ourselves.  If we keep looking at other women we are only going to be disappointed, because you are original, just like they are.  You might be the same weight, even the same height, but you will not look the same and that is OK!  In fact, it is a wonderful thing!  Let’s start loving our bodies, today! 

2 comments:

  1. I love your thought of the day! Thank you for making this blog! You are helping me realize that I should not be aspiring to be like the models I see on tv but that my body is made by God who can is absolutely perfect. He designed me this way. But, it return I should be taking care of this wonderful gift He has given to me. Thanks again and keep posting because you are really motivating me and helping me give this portion of my life to God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me so happy to hear! I am so glad you are realizing the amazing and unique individual that you are! I don't know you, but I know that God made you and that's good enough for me! Keep on keepin' on, Friend!

      Delete