Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Balancing Bad Food


Morgan's tip for avoiding binges:

There are times when I really want something definitely on my “no list.”  This is the list of food that is bad for you, regardless of whether you are healthy or not.  These are some of my temptations:
-Kit Kat bars    -Doritos    -Cheetos    -Ice Cream
These are some of the hardest foods for me to say “no” to, so I have developed a system that lets me eat them occasionally, but not overeat them.
Here is the process


If I deny myself every craving eventually I will crumble and I will end up eating massive amounts of junk food.  This flow chart helps me find balance.  If after I decide that I really, really want something and I am willing to leave work, or get dressed or stop what I am doing to get it, I go to the gas station and buy one snack size of what I want.  I then go back to what I was doing and enjoy my snack.  This way, I get something I really want without overeating.  Also, snack sizes cost more, so I think twice about doing this often. 

This is just my way of doing it, if it's not for you, don't do it.  Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment