Friday, April 27, 2012

The Friendly Gym Class


I go to a wonderful workout class in the mornings and I absolutely love it!  I find that having workout friends not only helps motivate me during the class, but I find myself wanting to go to class to catch up!  Workout classes are like miniature summer camps.  Once you do a crazy hard work out with someone you are bonded to each other because you both survived together!  Just like sharing a cabin with 12 girls for a week!  As silly as this sounds, it’s true.  I would absolutely recommend trying to find a group class that fits in your schedule.  Tying in some social time with working out makes it more enjoyable.  You also get to watch how your friends are improving, which is encouraging as well.

There are places, other than a gym, that offer affordable group classes.  Check with your City Recreation office to see what they might offer!

Another benefit to having friends that you exercise with is that they are most likely to be interested in your goals, how sore you are from your last workout and how your diet is going.  It is important to have someone in your life who you can talk to about your health goals with because it is beneficial to verbally process and get encouragement from a friend.  This being said, not everyone is interested in what your health goals are.  In order to not alienate any friends because I was constantly talking about my health, I found a few friends that were interested and had common goals.  I love these friendships that I have.  They are encouraging and uplifting.

If you do not have anyone to talk to, please feel free to post your progress here!  I would love to hear and listen to your stories and your achievements!  I will try to respond in kind so you know there is someone out there who cares about your health!

Have a blessed day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment